What was discussed: Venezuela To Jail Violent Game Merchants, Sony Sued By Blind Gamer, Microsoft Purges 1M Users From Xbox Live, Microsoft Natal Rumored To Launch Nov. 2010, MW2 Pirate Captured By Private Investigators, Nintendo Game Boy, The Ball Added To Toy Hall of Fame
Dennis’s Nickname: Who reminds you that this week’s episode of The Arcade is brought to you by the letters Q and X and the number 7
Blast From the Past: American Gladiators (TV | Sept. 1989 – May 1996)
Code of the Week: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
Unlockable: Alternate Endings
Perform the actions below to unlock an alternate ending:
# Ending 1 (The Princess says, “Did I ever tell you about the Secret World?”) – Beat the game with less than 100 Star Coins.
# Ending 2 (The Princess says, “Oh Mario, tell me about your adventure again!”) – Collect all of the Star Coins in Worlds 1-8.
Unlockable: World 9
Beat the game to unlock World 9. Each level in World 9 is unlocked by gathering all of the coins in each of the Worlds 1-8:
* 9-1 – Find all the Star Coins in World 1
* 9-2 – Find all the Star Coins in World 2
* 9-3 – Find all the Star Coins in World 3
* 9-4 – Find all the Star Coins in World 4
* 9-5 – Find all the Star Coins in World 5
* 9-6 – Find all the Star Coins in World 6
* 9-7 – Find all the Star Coins in World 7
* 9-8 – Find all the Star Coins in World 8
Easter Egg: Slow Down Or You’ll Lose Your Hat!
If you get 99 lives, (the maximum number of lives in New Super Mario Bros. Wii), Mario will lose his hat! Once you beat a level with a full 99 count, Mario will appear hat-less on the map screen and in subsequent gameplay. You’ll regain your hat once you lose a single life.