Welcome, one and all, to The Arcade’s 13th annual Christmas Music Special! If you’re new to this kind of episode, well, it’s one of the special shows we do each year where we put together an assortment of holiday-themed music you won’t hear anywhere else.
Starting things off this year is the Ludicrous Leadoffs, (those Christmas songs that are just an extra special kind of special), which include selections from South Park, Futurama, Radio Free Vestibule, Spider-Man, and a rendition of Silent Night done entirely with goats! From there, we go beyond the borders of North America to bring you some Christmas music from different corners of the globe, including Japan, Australia, Barbados, and more. After a musical trip around the world, we come back home with some solid classic rock Christmas offerings from the likes of Foghat, Blues Magoos, Kenny Wayne Shepard, and Cheap Trick. To round this year’s program, we pull a few highlights from the 1999 album, “I Wanna Be Santa Claus” by none other than Ringo Starr. Somehow, we only became aware earlier this year that Ringo Starr had a Christmas album, and by gawd, we weren’t going to miss a chance to share it with you!
As always, we encourage you to follow the links below to purchase these songs for yourself and add them to your collection. We hope you enjoy this show, and we wish all of you out there a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
What Was Played:
(click on the links to buy!)
- ActionAid Sweden – Silent Night (Goat Edition)
- Radio Free Vestibule – Christmas on Acid
- South Park / Trey Parker – A Woodland Critter Christmas (Excerpt)
- Futurama – Back To Work
- Spider-Man – Spidey Bells (A Hero’s Lament)
- Bucko & Champs – Aussie Jingle Bells
- Kuljit Bhamra – Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Banks Soundtech Steel Orchestra – Carol of The Bells / What Child Is This
- Kishore Kumar – Aata Hai Aata Hai Santa Claus
- Shonen Knife – Space Christmas
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd – Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Foghat – All I Want For Christmas Is You
- Blues Magoos – Jingle Bells
- Cheap Trick – I Wish It Was Christmas Today
- Ringo Starr – Come on Christmas, Christmas Come On
- Ringo Starr – Christmas Time (Is Here Again)
- Ringo Starr – The Christmas Dance
- Ringo Starr – Pax Um Biscum (Peace Be with You)
The man who is glad that the Christmas season is able to sustain the Pot of Gold company for the rest of the year
Podcast: Play in new window | Download